Monday 3 March 2014

Mihimihi

My name is Nicole Streeter, I was born here in windy Welly but shortly afterwards our family relocated to Auckland. Both my parents and their families are from Wellington and the are surrounding it. Auckland is my home but the home of my family is Wellington, and I am strongly linked physically and spiritually to both of these places. I spent a lot of time at my own home and the homes of various family members throughout my childhood, and this means that a lot of things you can find in these places (especially ones unique to each house) evokes a strong sense of identity in me, that these places have come to be a part of who I am. It's in these places I feel the most myself. I am studying a Bachelor of Design majoring in Visual Communication design, and being creative is extremely important to me because it allows me to channel my feelings and personality into something positive and rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment